Vision, Mission and Beliefs
All decisions at AISB are made in light of the documents below.
All students achieve personal and academic excellence, and engage positively with their local and global communities.
The American International School of Bamako engages students in an international, English-medium university preparation program based upon American standards, that encourages critical thinking and inquiry together with intellectual, social and personal growth. AISB welcomes students from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds and ensures that all students experience an innovative and supportive international learning environment, and are empowered to meet successfully the diverse challenges of an ever-changing world.
Values and Beliefs
The AISB community works together cooperatively in support of student learning, growth, and well being, building upon the perspectives and contributions of each student, parent, teacher and member of staff.
- We believe each person is a unique individual with dignity and worth, deserving of respect and humane regard.
- We believe in working together to foster students’ resourcefulness, creativity and self-expression.
- We believe that learning and growth are life-long projects, and that good education prepares students to become life-long learners. Similarly, we believe that great institutions grow and improve continually.
- We believe in providing a supportive and safe learning environment that inspires intellectual, cultural, physical and emotional growth in balance.
- We believe our students should develop an awareness of and a respect for different cultures, locally and globally.
- We believe that individuals require abundant opportunity to make their own meaningful choices, and direct their own learning and growth to become empowered individuals.
- We believe that students need to develop a balance of skills that allows them to work effectively both collaboratively and individually.
- We believe in a balanced academic program that fosters understanding, knowledge and appreciation of languages and literature, humanities, math, science and the arts.