After School Activities
AISB offers an After School Activities Program (ASA) for students from Grades 1 to 12. Activities run from 2:55-3:55pm on Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Fridays, in six to eight week sessions.
Most activities are run by our faculty, but we are a small and friendly school and we strongly encourage interested parents to join us in providing exciting options for students. Our students are eager to share your interests, your skills, and your knowledge. If you can join us, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
AISB also hosts a number of activities run by paid instructors, which may be provided to students at a small cost. New activities are offered each quarter.
For questions regarding the After School Activities Program, contact Ms. Yaa Obeng, our Activities Coordinator, at email@example.com
Come Join Us!
After School Activities Program Statement of Purpose
Adopted February 15, 2023
The ASA year is divided into four sessions of approximately six weeks each. All students who remain at school during the ASA period must be registered in a supervised activity and under the care of a designated adult. Students registered in an activity are not able to supervise younger siblings who are not registered.
We welcome parent involvement in the ASA program to offer or assist with an activity.
The ASA Program is developed with ongoing input from students, teachers and parents. The purpose of after-school activities at AISB is to:
- Further the Mission of the school
- Support students in building the skills, dispositions and habits described by AISB’s Profile of Graduates
- Contribute to the sense of community at AISB, through providing opportunities for social engagement and creativity across ages and grades
- Provide enrichment, extra- and co-curricular learning opportunities for students, in a safe and student-centered environment
- Provide opportunities for students and teachers to develop and build their shared interests.
- Offer opportunities for students to discover and try new things in a variety of disciplines.
- Support students who need or desire it, in any area of their academic development.