NOTICE ON TUITION FEES FOR 2018-19 FROM THE AISB BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The AISB Board of Trustees met on March 21 to set the tuition fees for the 2018-19 school year. In carrying out its fiduciary duties and setting tuition fees, the Board is guided by the fact that AISB is a not for profit school that must remain financially healthy and stable in the long term. Apart from setting the tuition fees the board has also decided on a five year financial plan for the school. The financial plan gives us a forecast concerning the income and the expenses at AISB for the years to come.
The Board has made the following decisions concerning tuitions and fees for the 2018-2019 school year:
- An increase in tuition fees with 1 % for students from PreK2 up to Grade 12. Our financial plan shows a need for this increase to cover the costs in our operational budget.
- An increase in the annual capital fee of $250 (from $750 to $1000). This increase was decided upon for two reasons:
- AISB needs additional funds to repay the OPIC building loan in full over the next six years, as outlined in the loan agreement.
- and AISB needs to maintain sufficient capital funds to implement the strategic plan. One of the larger investments in the strategic plan is to build a covered gym.
- All other fees will remain the same (initial capital, bus, registration and after school care).
Johan M Andersson
AISB Board Chair